Salt Lake City ranks second in nation for increase in housing prices
SALT LAKE CITY — Home prices across the country have been skyrocketing and Utah isn’t immune. According to a new study by Remax, Salt Lake City has ranked second in the nation for the largest increase in home-sale prices.
According to their report, the median home sale price in Salt Lake is $490,000, which was the highest average of the 52 metro areas they looked at. From September 2020 until now the average priced home in Salt Lake rose 27.3% and was only beat by our neighbor to the north in Boise Idaho where prices jumped 28.8%.
Josh Horner, a Realtor with Remax Master’s in Salt Lake, said while the number of offers on properties has dropped in the last few months, the demand is still strong.
“We believe this drop is due to a segment of buyers who stopped looking for homes at this time because they simply couldn’t compete,” Horner said.
“Remaining, however, are the buyers who can really compete with cash or high offers, investors and even institutional buyers. It might be a slightly smaller segment of buyers but they’re the serious ones. The demand for housing from local Utahns as well as out-of-state buyers remains strong. We’ve listed and sold 13 homes in the last few months in Sugarhouse and Park City; all of which went under contract in 1 to 20 days.”
Horner added that Utah’s continued population growth and the favorable business market and low taxes are keeping the housing market hot.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire