UDOT will try again Wednesday to move barricades and open I-15 through Weber County
WEBER COUNTY, Utah — KSL TV’S Mike Anderson reported on the current status of the I-15 split from Riverdale and updates to come.
The Utah Department of Transportation was not able to move barricades and re-open three lanes on southbound I-15 through southern Weber County on Monday night as planned. Bad weather kept the barricades in place.
But UDOT’s John Gleason says they’re planning to try again, closing I-15 on Wednesday night at Riverdale.
By Thursday morning, Gleason says the lane split that has been in place for the last two years should be gone and three lanes of traffic should be moving through the area.
UDOT Region One spokesperson Mitch Shaw told KSL-TV it will take a while longer to put an express lane in place, but the entire project should be finished by Christmas.
Lane restrictions will remain in place in the northbound lanes for at least another two months.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church missionary serving in Alabama injured in a shooting
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Tooele County man is taken into custody after child porn investigation
- U of U Utes win first Pac-12 championship; heading to the Rose Bowl
- Ten things you may not know about Jazz owner Ryan Smith
- Utah, Utah State to play in conference title games this weekend
- Suspect’s parents charged in Michigan school shooting
- Omicron variant of COVID-19 detected in first Utah patient
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Laie Hawaii Mission announced by Church leadership