Milllard County authorities arrest two in drug bust
MILLARD COUNTY, Utah — On Sunday evening, detectives from five different law enforcement agencies arrested a pair of individuals on several felony drug charges.
One of the individuals arrested, 43-year-old James Crabtree, has an outstanding warrant out of Oregon. The warrant advised authorities to use caution. The suspect is known to carry hundreds of ammunition rounds, which also included explosive rounds. The warrant also says the suspect is known to flee from authorities.
At 6:20 p.m., authorities noticed a car matching the description of a vehicle driven by Crabtree. It was traveling northbound crossing over into the southern part of Millard County near I-70. Undercover detectives were able to confirm that it Crabtree was a passenger in the car.
Detectives with the West Central Strike Force and Utah County Major Crimes Task Force attempted a felony stop of the vehicle north of Fillmore. Initially, the vehicle pulled over and then raced off. However, it traveled about 200 yards before coming to a stop.
Crabtree and 34-year-old Jessica Wade were taken into custody without incident. During the search of the vehicle, authorities found several grams of psilocybin mushrooms, several grams of suspected heroin, a little more than 5 pounds of suspected methamphetamine and several items of drug paraphernalia.
The two suspects were booked into the Juab County Jail under investigation for several felony drug charges.
- Handwritten license plate, tinted windows lead to Iron County drug bust
- Over two dozen indicted in large drug bust in Salt Lake City
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City