Teen disappears after boat capsized
SEVIER COUNTY — The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a 13-year-old boy who vanished while fishing with his dad.
Officials say their boat capsized while fishing and that fishermen nearby heard the dad call for help. They were able to get the dad to safety, and he is being treated for exposure and hypothermia.
At publication time, the Utah Highway Patrol dive team is on-site to assist in the search.
It is unknown where the father and son are from. Fish Lake is a popular place for anglers from surrounding areas.
This is a breaking story and will be updated when more information is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two autistic brothers with ties to Utah drown off Hawaii coast
- 300 W., North Temple intersection closed after crash involving UTA bus
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Legislative committee discusses rule banning conversion therapy
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- Records set for 100 degree days in SLC and flood warnings statewide
- Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide