Teen disappears after boat capsized
SEVIER COUNTY — The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a 13-year-old boy who vanished while fishing with his dad.
Officials say their boat capsized while fishing and that fishermen nearby heard the dad call for help. They were able to get the dad to safety, and he is being treated for exposure and hypothermia.
At publication time, the Utah Highway Patrol dive team is on-site to assist in the search.
It is unknown where the father and son are from. Fish Lake is a popular place for anglers from surrounding areas.
This is a breaking story and will be updated when more information is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Heated driveways are a modern wonder, but what else can you do with radiant heating around…
- Rose Bowl tickets available now for Utah football fans
- New US travel rules: What you need to know about the changes prompted by Omicron
- Car carrying infant involved in overnight road rage shooting on SR 201
- Meteorologists say rain and snow are headed to northern Utah this week
- A North Carolina man accidentally bought 2 identical lottery tickets — and won 2 jackpots
- Could this be the week that snow arrives in Utah?
- White House announces US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing
- A man jumped out of taxiing airplane at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport
- How to tell if it’s time for a ‘sleep divorce’