Teen disappears after boat capsized
SEVIER COUNTY — The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a 13-year-old boy who vanished while fishing with his dad.
Officials say their boat capsized while fishing and that fishermen nearby heard the dad call for help. They were able to get the dad to safety, and he is being treated for exposure and hypothermia.
At publication time, the Utah Highway Patrol dive team is on-site to assist in the search.
It is unknown where the father and son are from. Fish Lake is a popular place for anglers from surrounding areas.
This is a breaking story and will be updated when more information is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”