Two dead in Farmington car accident on I-15
FARMINGTON, Utah — Two people died in a Farmington car accident on I-15. A female driver and 10-year-old boy both passed away due to related injuries.
The Utah Department of Public Safety reported a UDOT Incident Management Truck was stopped on I-15 in Farmington. After helping another motorist, the employee was typing notes on his computer on the side of the freeway.
A car swerved to the right and entered the shoulder where the UDOT employee was parked. It was a white Infiniti G35, occupied by the female driver and a child passenger.
“The driver side of the Infiniti struck the rear of the IMT truck at a high rate of speed.
“The driver of the Infiniti sustained fatal injuries on impact,” reported Utah DPS.
The rear passenger of the vehicle, a 10-year-old boy who has been identified as Atticus Rolan Timmons, was life-flighted to a children’s hospital. There, he passed away from his injuries, reported Utah DPS.
The UDOT employee received minor injuries which were treated at a local hospital. The employee has since been released from the hospital.
No other individuals were involved in the accident.
- Utah resident killed in Nevada motorcycle accident
- Fatal accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Fatal accident on I-215 causes freeway closures
- One person killed in three-vehicle accident in Kaysville
- A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
- Midvale man in critical condition after motorcycle accident
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?