UHP: Motorcyclist killed on I-80
Salt Lake County — A motorcyclist was killed on I-80 WB near the Saltair.
The motorcycle slid 140 feet in the left lane prior to being hit by a pick truck from behind. The driver was sent off the bike causing fatal injuries.
Troopers are on scene of a fatal motorcycle crash at mile post 104 on I-80 westbound. Please use caution and an alternate route if you are in the area. pic.twitter.com/VG7l0XRMeZ
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 3, 2021
Utah Highway Patrol says the rider had a helmet on at the time of the accident, but the helmet was improperly strapped and came off at impact.
The driver of the pickup truck avoided injuries.
I-80 was closed at 7200 West while crews investigated the accident. Traffic was rerouted to a nearby frontage road.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested