UHP: Motorcyclist killed on I-80
Salt Lake County — A motorcyclist was killed on I-80 WB near the Saltair.
The motorcycle slid 140 feet in the left lane prior to being hit by a pick truck from behind. The driver was sent off the bike causing fatal injuries.
Troopers are on scene of a fatal motorcycle crash at mile post 104 on I-80 westbound. Please use caution and an alternate route if you are in the area. pic.twitter.com/VG7l0XRMeZ
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 3, 2021
Utah Highway Patrol says the rider had a helmet on at the time of the accident, but the helmet was improperly strapped and came off at impact.
The driver of the pickup truck avoided injuries.
I-80 was closed at 7200 West while crews investigated the accident. Traffic was rerouted to a nearby frontage road.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District