COVID-19 vaccine clinics for kids 5-11
SALT LAKE CITY — COVID-19 vaccine clinics for kids ages 5 to 11 are opening throughout the state. Clinics and healthcare providers are planning to start administering the vaccines to these children on Monday. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved vaccines for kids in this age group last week.
Many school districts across the state are holding vaccine clinics at various school locations today. Many of them will be held after school from 3-7 p.m. These clinics are open to anyone eligible for the vaccine. Healthcare networks, like Intermountain and the University of Utah, plan to begin giving the shot to kids five and older with an appointment.
Primary Children’s Medical Center held a pilot clinic for children in this age group Friday. Former Salt Lake County Councilwoman Shireen Ghorbani was there to vaccinate her child. She says it’s a huge relief.
“The ability to feel more free to visit grandparents. To be able to spend time with our older neighbors and not worry so much about what role he could play in their health. We just feel like it opens up a whole other world,” says Ghorbani.
An immense sense of relief and gratitude hit me when he got the shot. Thanks to scientists and researchers, to all the healthcare workers who are still incredibly strained, to the teachers and school staff who have kept so much moving through so much uncertainty. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/025C7lmJ35
— Shireen Ghorbani 💃🏻🙌🏽😉 (@ShireenGhorbani) November 5, 2021
For those looking to utilize the school vaccine clinics for kids 5 to 11, parents are encouraged to visit their school district’s website. For a list of other places to get the vaccine, go to coronavirus.utah.gov.
- White House details plans to vaccinate 28M children age 5-11
- Pfizer provides FDA vaccine data from kids ages 5-11
- CDC panel okays COVID-19 vaccine for kids, final approval expected today
- Doctors report more COVID-19, and MIS-C cases in Utah kids
- FDA paves way for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations in young kids
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Trial still on track despite attorney removal in Lori Vallow Daybell case