Solitude postpones opening day, other ski & board resorts to follow?
On Tuesday, Solitude Mountain Resort announced they would be delaying opening day until November 23rd.
Solitude was scheduled to open on Friday, November 19th for the 2021-2022 winter sport season.
Get ready to hit the slopes with us on November 19 – the first day of the 21/22 winter season! There will be free donuts & a DJ spinning tunes at Moonbeam. Party starts at 8 a.m. Stay tuned for terrain updates next week!
Party details: https://t.co/RApMSLcFec
📸: Eric Schramm pic.twitter.com/4lYFeIuy9m
— Solitude Mountain Resort (@SolitudeMTN) November 9, 2021
However, in light of recent warming temperatures the resort was concerned about the viability of their planned opening day.
Due to recent warm weather, opening day will be delayed. We’re optimistically targeting 11/23. Fortunately, temps are dropping, and we’ll be making snow every chance we get. Watch this space — and think snow! Lodging guests affected by this change will be contacted directly. pic.twitter.com/PUd4suw7Tx
— Solitude Mountain Resort (@SolitudeMTN) November 16, 2021
Last Friday, Park City Mountain also announced they would postpone their opening day, scheduled for the same Friday, Nov. 19.
Opening Day Update: Recent warm temps are delaying our opening day. But don’t be dismayed! Our snowmakers are making snow at every opportunity and we’re committed to providing the best early-season experience possible. We’ll issue an update on our new target opening day soon. pic.twitter.com/1jGcBqhOdL
— Park City (@PCski) November 12, 2021
Their faux snow is no match for the unpredictable weather and recent temperatures.
In a press release, the Solitude Mountain Resort “optimistically” projected its new opening date for Tuesday November 23rd, 2021. Park City has not yet released information about a new date.
At the time of publication Alta has not expressed plans to change their opening day, Nov. 20.
11 Days Until We Ski ⛷🎷 pic.twitter.com/rQE8csVKIM
— Alta Ski Area (@AltaSkiArea) November 9, 2021
However their announcement does indicate they will only open on Monday if weather conditions permit. Snowbird, Deer Valley, and Sundance all project opening dates for early December.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- More than 3,400 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…