Riverton teens found safe
RIVERTON, Utah — Teens Ellie and Ocean who went missing on Monday have been found.
Riverton Police Chief Don Hutson has confirmed both teens are safe.
At around 2:00 am on Sunday, Ocean’s father flagged a police officer who was responding to another call in the area. The father says he heard their garage door open and someone looking for food in their freezer, he believed it was his son.
While Ocean’s father looked at his security camera to confirm if the intruder was his son, police received a call from Ellie’s family saying their dog was acting strange around the camping trailer in the backyard.
When police arrived and checked the trailer they found both teens hiding inside, the trailer had been looked at multiple times previously, police believe they had not been there long.
Police are still unsure why the teens came back, they are waiting to interview both of them after they are released from the hospital.
Today’s Top Stories
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- In some instances, children as young as age 10 can work in Utah
- Dog thrown out of car taken in by South Salt Lake Animal Services
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- More than $430K in drugs found stuffed in car speaker in St. George
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- Man found dead from self-inflicted wound following SWAT situation
- FDA clears COVID booster shot for healthy kids ages 5 to 11