Intoxicated woman arrested after the assault of two health care workers
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — The Utah County Sheriff’s Office took a 42-year-old woman into custody Friday following a domestic violence incident in the back of a Lyft vehicle, which ultimately led to the assault of two health care workers.
The woman and a companion were riding in the back of a Lyft ride, when the woman became angry. Authorities say the woman is in a relationship with the victim. The woman hit the victim in the nose, creating a bloody nose.
The woman then assaulted the Lyft driver. The driver was struck several times in the arm and face. However, the driver chose not to pursue charges.
According to authorities, the woman appeared to be severely under the influence of alcohol. As a result, authorities took her into custody and transported her to Utah Valley Hospital for a medical clearance.
Once at the hospital, the woman became even more aggressive. She refused to get out of the patrol car, and it took multiple units to get her safely into the hospital.
As aid was being rendered to her, the woman kicked one nurse in the back. She also slapped another nurse in the chest with an open hand. The woman ended up spending several hours in the hospital due to her high level of intoxication.
She has been arrested under investigation for assault of two health care workers. In addition, the woman is also being investigated for simple assault.
- Driver who hit and killed BYU student was off-duty police officer, Utah County Sheriff’s Office confirms
- Utah man to serve 84 months in federal prison for distributing heroin, meth
- Utah County wants a new plan for COVID-19 in schools
- Rent prices up 66% in Utah County over the pandemic
- Family of slain couple angry after Utah County death penalty decision
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- A 6th Memphis officer is taken off the force after the fatal police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Trump says he’s ‘more angry’ and ‘more committed’ to White…