Utah’s elected leaders react to the passing of former Sen. Bob Dole
SALT LAKE CITY — Former United States Senator and former Presidential candidate Bob Dole, 98, passed away Sunday, according to a statement from the Dole family. Many of Utah’s elected leaders went to social media Sunday to express their thoughts on the passing of the 1996 Republican candidate for President.
It was announced in February that Dole was receiving treatment for advanced lung cancer.
Here’s what Utah’s leaders had to say:
Senator Dole is an American hero and an exemplary public official. Our country could desperately use more selfless servants like him. Our prayers are with Elizabeth and his family. https://t.co/EX7rOLoI4Z
— Spencer Cox (@SpencerJCox) December 5, 2021
When I think of the greatest generation, I think of Senator Bob Dole—a man who dedicated his life to serving our country. Rest In Peace, my friend. Ann and I will be praying for Elizabeth, their family, and loved ones.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) December 5, 2021
2/2 Americans are fortunate to have been blessed by Bob Dole’s lifetime of military and government service. Today, my heart and prayers are with the Dole family.
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) December 5, 2021
Rest in peace Senator Dole. Thank you for your service to our country.
My prayers are with the Dole family.
— Burgess Owens (@BurgessOwens) December 5, 2021
Senator Bob Dole was a true patriot who dedicated his life to the protection and betterment of our Democracy. He served our nation for 79 years, both as a combat hero and congressional leader.
Today, we should reflect on his legacy – one that we should all strive for.
— Rep. Chris Stewart (@RepChrisStewart) December 5, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- After being hit by a bus, Ryan Hamilton announces changes to performance schedule
- Free fares across entire UTA system for the month of February
- Spirit Airlines comes to Salt Lake City Airport
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- Man in custody following high-speed chase through Utah County
- Bill aimed to ‘save’ Great Salt Lake to be introduced this legislative session
- Jennie Nguyen removed from Real Housewives of SLC
- Teacher claims school district retaliated against her after she reported students were…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints moving missionaries out of Ukraine