Utah’s elected leaders react to the passing of former Sen. Bob Dole
SALT LAKE CITY — Former United States Senator and former Presidential candidate Bob Dole, 98, passed away Sunday, according to a statement from the Dole family. Many of Utah’s elected leaders went to social media Sunday to express their thoughts on the passing of the 1996 Republican candidate for President.
It was announced in February that Dole was receiving treatment for advanced lung cancer.
Here’s what Utah’s leaders had to say:
Senator Dole is an American hero and an exemplary public official. Our country could desperately use more selfless servants like him. Our prayers are with Elizabeth and his family. https://t.co/EX7rOLoI4Z
— Spencer Cox (@SpencerJCox) December 5, 2021
When I think of the greatest generation, I think of Senator Bob Dole—a man who dedicated his life to serving our country. Rest In Peace, my friend. Ann and I will be praying for Elizabeth, their family, and loved ones.
— Mitt Romney (@MittRomney) December 5, 2021
2/2 Americans are fortunate to have been blessed by Bob Dole’s lifetime of military and government service. Today, my heart and prayers are with the Dole family.
— Mike Lee (@SenMikeLee) December 5, 2021
Rest in peace Senator Dole. Thank you for your service to our country.
My prayers are with the Dole family.
— Burgess Owens (@BurgessOwens) December 5, 2021
Senator Bob Dole was a true patriot who dedicated his life to the protection and betterment of our Democracy. He served our nation for 79 years, both as a combat hero and congressional leader.
Today, we should reflect on his legacy – one that we should all strive for.
— Rep. Chris Stewart (@RepChrisStewart) December 5, 2021
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- Low water levels at Utah Lake cause restrictions for Daybreak
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- UPDATE: Flooding, road closures, and power outages in SLC
- The mysterious companies behind Costco’s Kirkland Signature and Trader Joe’s O’s
- Utah Highway Patrol responds to head-on crash on U.S Highway 6
- Top scientist admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo
- Man steals excavator and starts ripping up the ground, breaks water line