Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The second police officer shot in West Valley City last week has been released from the hospital.
We’re pleased to announce our officer who was shot on December 1, was released from the hospital over the weekend. The officer was hit in the leg, and in the area between the shoulder/chest. He underwent two surgeries to repair his wounds. Thanks to all who’ve sent well wishes! pic.twitter.com/Nfnmr9lIrS
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 6, 2021
The West Valley City Police officer was one of two law enforcement officers shot in a shootout on Dec. 1. The other was a member of the Unified Police Department. The officers were looking for a man wanted in a rape and robbery, and for trying to take off in an SUV with a baby inside.
West Valley City Police identified the suspect from last week’s shootout as 20-year-old Anei Joker, also known as Ramon Julima.
- Officers recovering from Taylorsville shooting, police union asks why it happened
- West Valley man was shot in apartment, police looking for suspects
Today’s Top Stories
- UTA releases video of the moments before woman was hit by FrontRunner
- FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says
- Family of Gabby Petito announces intent to file lawsuit against Moab Police
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Restrictions on golf courses, non-functional grass among Washington County strict water rules
- Senate passes Democrats’ sweeping health care and climate bill
- Utah’s senators react to passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- Olivia Newton-John, singer and actress, dies of breast cancer at 73
- Can the average Utahn afford to go solar?
- Speed Week on Bonneville Salt Falts is called off due to flooding from rain