Second officer released from hospital after shooting in West Valley City
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The second police officer shot in West Valley City last week has been released from the hospital.
We’re pleased to announce our officer who was shot on December 1, was released from the hospital over the weekend. The officer was hit in the leg, and in the area between the shoulder/chest. He underwent two surgeries to repair his wounds. Thanks to all who’ve sent well wishes! pic.twitter.com/Nfnmr9lIrS
— WVC Police (@WVCPD) December 6, 2021
The West Valley City Police officer was one of two law enforcement officers shot in a shootout on Dec. 1. The other was a member of the Unified Police Department. The officers were looking for a man wanted in a rape and robbery, and for trying to take off in an SUV with a baby inside.
West Valley City Police identified the suspect from last week’s shootout as 20-year-old Anei Joker, also known as Ramon Julima.
- Officers recovering from Taylorsville shooting, police union asks why it happened
- West Valley man was shot in apartment, police looking for suspects
Today’s Top Stories
- Human chain formed to help after Pittsburgh bridge collapse
- VIDEO: Black Frontier Middle School student reportedly bullied on school bus
- Rep. Teuscher to hold off on curriculum bill, consult more teachers
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Pennsylvania court strikes down expansive mail-in voting law
- Pedestrian hit by two cars in fatal accident
- Dead body found in the Jordan River
- Controversial bill challenged by teachers now on hold
- ‘We can do it in 5 minutes’: Governor Cox will sign bill giving state’s…
- Six more patients accuse Kaysville chiropractor of sexual abuse