Salt Lake City police investigating fatal overnight shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — One person is dead and the search for a suspect continues after an overnight shooting at a Maverick convenience store. According to police, the shooting happened near 300 South and 900 East, after an altercation between the victim and suspect.
“At this point our homicide detectives and our crime lab technicians are on scene conducting a homicide investigation,” said Salt Lake City police spokesman Bret Weisberg. “We do believe that this person died as the result of gunshot wounds.”
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call for help at around 1:00 a.m., and that their lifesaving efforts began immediately upon arrival.
The adult male victim died on the scene.
Police said that at this time there is no danger to the public. They ask people who live nearby to check their home security footage for information that may lead to an arrest.
Anybody with information is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 21-226389.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral