Salt Lake City police investigating fatal overnight shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — One person is dead and the search for a suspect continues after an overnight shooting at a Maverick convenience store. According to police, the shooting happened near 300 South and 900 East, after an altercation between the victim and suspect.
“At this point our homicide detectives and our crime lab technicians are on scene conducting a homicide investigation,” said Salt Lake City police spokesman Bret Weisberg. “We do believe that this person died as the result of gunshot wounds.”
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call for help at around 1:00 a.m., and that their lifesaving efforts began immediately upon arrival.
The adult male victim died on the scene.
Police said that at this time there is no danger to the public. They ask people who live nearby to check their home security footage for information that may lead to an arrest.
Anybody with information is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 21-226389.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment