Salt Lake City police investigating fatal overnight shooting
SALT LAKE CITY — One person is dead and the search for a suspect continues after an overnight shooting at a Maverick convenience store. According to police, the shooting happened near 300 South and 900 East, after an altercation between the victim and suspect.
“At this point our homicide detectives and our crime lab technicians are on scene conducting a homicide investigation,” said Salt Lake City police spokesman Bret Weisberg. “We do believe that this person died as the result of gunshot wounds.”
Salt Lake City Police responded to a call for help at around 1:00 a.m., and that their lifesaving efforts began immediately upon arrival.
The adult male victim died on the scene.
Police said that at this time there is no danger to the public. They ask people who live nearby to check their home security footage for information that may lead to an arrest.
Anybody with information is asked to call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 21-226389.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- BYU announces new president
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Semi hits car on I-15 in Kaysville, one person taken to hospital
- Bicyclist hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Salt Lake City
- Cox signs bill requiring lethality assessments in Utah domestic violence cases
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County
- Snow causing roofs to collapse across the state, expert offers helpful tips
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow