UPDATE: Box Elder schools return to in-person learning a day after threats
TREMONTON, Utah — Schools around the Box Elder district moved fully to online learning Monday over what the district described as threats under investigation but returned to in-person schooling Tuesday.
The district reported the schools that participated in the move. All were at the north end of the district. They included all elementary schools in the area, along with Alice C. Harris Intermediate School, Bear River Middle School, and Bear River High School.
Tremonton Garland Police Department confirmed the existence of several threats and stationed officers at the schools on Monday, Dec. 13.
No explosives found in Box Elder threats
Monday evening, Tremonton PD reported the results of their investigation in a Facebook post.
Bomb-sniffing dogs went through all of the schools affected by the threats but did not detect explosives.
Tremonton police served several search warrants and conducted thorough investigations of the threats of violence made toward the Box Elder schools. The police concluded that the threats were not sincere. Instead, they reported, the threats were efforts of two juveniles “at being funny.”
On Tuesday, schools returned to in-person learning. Tremonton PD provided extra security at the schools in the Tremonton-Garland area.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints