Delays, cancellations stacking up at Salt Lake City airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Flight cancellations and delays are stacking up at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
A spokeswoman for the airport says crews are working to move snow from the airfield now, but the airport is still seeing delays and cancellations because of how heavy the snow fell.
“We’re really encouraging passengers to check with their airlines to see if their flights are delayed or canceled before they come to the airport,” says spokeswoman Nancy Volmer.
She says any flights that aren’t canceled, will likely be delayed.
According to flight monitoring from FlightAware, Salt Lake City had some of the most delayed, and canceled, flights of any airport in the nation. The woes have since moved on to Denver, who’s getting slammed with some serious wind.
The FAA is also warning of delays for de-icing in Salt Lake, and says there are two-hour-plus delays into neighboring Denver because of some high winds there.
FlightAware also breaks out delays and cancelations by airlines. Currently, it’s looking like Delta has the largest number of delays, but with SLC being a Delta hub, it’s not horribly affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- More than $430K in drugs found stuffed in car speaker in St. George
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- UVU commencement speaker tells her story of rising from high school dropout to bank president