Delays, cancellations stacking up at Salt Lake City airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Flight cancellations and delays are stacking up at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
A spokeswoman for the airport says crews are working to move snow from the airfield now, but the airport is still seeing delays and cancellations because of how heavy the snow fell.
“We’re really encouraging passengers to check with their airlines to see if their flights are delayed or canceled before they come to the airport,” says spokeswoman Nancy Volmer.
She says any flights that aren’t canceled, will likely be delayed.
According to flight monitoring from FlightAware, Salt Lake City had some of the most delayed, and canceled, flights of any airport in the nation. The woes have since moved on to Denver, who’s getting slammed with some serious wind.
The FAA is also warning of delays for de-icing in Salt Lake, and says there are two-hour-plus delays into neighboring Denver because of some high winds there.
FlightAware also breaks out delays and cancelations by airlines. Currently, it’s looking like Delta has the largest number of delays, but with SLC being a Delta hub, it’s not horribly affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers