Delays, cancellations stacking up at Salt Lake City airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Flight cancellations and delays are stacking up at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
A spokeswoman for the airport says crews are working to move snow from the airfield now, but the airport is still seeing delays and cancellations because of how heavy the snow fell.
“We’re really encouraging passengers to check with their airlines to see if their flights are delayed or canceled before they come to the airport,” says spokeswoman Nancy Volmer.
She says any flights that aren’t canceled, will likely be delayed.
According to flight monitoring from FlightAware, Salt Lake City had some of the most delayed, and canceled, flights of any airport in the nation. The woes have since moved on to Denver, who’s getting slammed with some serious wind.
The FAA is also warning of delays for de-icing in Salt Lake, and says there are two-hour-plus delays into neighboring Denver because of some high winds there.
FlightAware also breaks out delays and cancelations by airlines. Currently, it’s looking like Delta has the largest number of delays, but with SLC being a Delta hub, it’s not horribly affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- New poll suggests marriage is dying
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- In narrow vote, Salt Lake County Council votes no on proposed gondola
- Biden to tour Ian damage in Florida with DeSantis feud on hold for now