Delays, cancellations stacking up at Salt Lake City airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Flight cancellations and delays are stacking up at the Salt Lake City International Airport.
A spokeswoman for the airport says crews are working to move snow from the airfield now, but the airport is still seeing delays and cancellations because of how heavy the snow fell.
“We’re really encouraging passengers to check with their airlines to see if their flights are delayed or canceled before they come to the airport,” says spokeswoman Nancy Volmer.
She says any flights that aren’t canceled, will likely be delayed.
According to flight monitoring from FlightAware, Salt Lake City had some of the most delayed, and canceled, flights of any airport in the nation. The woes have since moved on to Denver, who’s getting slammed with some serious wind.
The FAA is also warning of delays for de-icing in Salt Lake, and says there are two-hour-plus delays into neighboring Denver because of some high winds there.
FlightAware also breaks out delays and cancelations by airlines. Currently, it’s looking like Delta has the largest number of delays, but with SLC being a Delta hub, it’s not horribly affected.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations