West Valley police investigating ATM robbery, FBI called in
WEST JORDAN — West Jordan Police are investigating a robbery at Chase Bank in Jordan Landing that happened around 4 a.m. on Dec. 22.
The suspect arrived at the bank in a stolen vehicle, attached a chain to the ATM machine to access cash, and took off with an unknown amount of money.
“Unknown suspects went in and hooked a chain to the ATM machine and pulled off the access to the cash box,” Lt. James Kangas with West Jordan Police Department said. “The vehicle was stolen. We do have the vehicle recovered so we’re going to process that and we’ve notified the FBI.”
Police are still working to identify and determine how many were involved.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Lisa Garner has support of Draper mayor to become next city judge
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Attempted kidnapping of a minor near a Taylorsville school