West Valley police investigating ATM robbery, FBI called in
WEST JORDAN — West Jordan Police are investigating a robbery at Chase Bank in Jordan Landing that happened around 4 a.m. on Dec. 22.
The suspect arrived at the bank in a stolen vehicle, attached a chain to the ATM machine to access cash, and took off with an unknown amount of money.
“Unknown suspects went in and hooked a chain to the ATM machine and pulled off the access to the cash box,” Lt. James Kangas with West Jordan Police Department said. “The vehicle was stolen. We do have the vehicle recovered so we’re going to process that and we’ve notified the FBI.”
Police are still working to identify and determine how many were involved.
This is a developing story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Credit union will pay for larger dog adoptions this weekend
- As two federal pandemic emergency-assistance programs near an end, Cox has solutions
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery