Hiker dies on Christmas Day in Padre Canyon
ST. GEORGE, Utah — A hiker suspected of having a medical emergency while hiking died on Christmas Day.
Sheriff’s Sgt. Darrell Cashin told St. George News the Washington County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue were called at around noon about a 75-year-old Ivins man suffering a medical emergency.
The man was hiking with a neighbors sister at the time along the Tuacahn and Snow Canyon, down into Padre Canyon. Around a mile and a half up the trail, the man began having seizures.
The woman hiking with him moved to find reception and called 911, after coming back his face had turned blue and she began CPR.
Search and rescue hiked in to reach the man and continued CPR, but he was eventually pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the death is still unknown, the Utah Medical Examiner will be investigating the death. Washington County Sheriff detectives will also investigate the accident and contact the family.
The name has not been released by the police.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City