I-15 to be closed in both directions at times in Lehi for emergency repairs
LEHI, Utah — At different times this afternoon, crews will need to close I-15 in both directions in Lehi near Timpanogos Highway, possibly for up to five hours, while they make emergency repairs to light poles.
The Utah Department of Transportation said Monday that a light pole fell over near Triumph Boulevard on Sunday night. After UDOT crews inspected similar light poles in the area, they discovered several in Lehi along I-15 with stress fractures, requiring an immediate fix.
The closure stretches between Highway 92/Timpanogos Highway and 2100 North.
Drivers can navigate around the closure using frontage roads in Lehi while the repairs are underway. UDOT says the freeway will be closed until roughly 6 p.m. Drivers should plan for delays in the area.
Crews planned to remove the fractured light poles during the repair work.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Citing ‘dangerously low’ overnight temps, county opens emergency shelter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man