I-15 to be closed in both directions at times in Lehi for emergency repairs
LEHI, Utah — At different times this afternoon, crews will need to close I-15 in both directions in Lehi near Timpanogos Highway, possibly for up to five hours, while they make emergency repairs to light poles.
The Utah Department of Transportation said Monday that a light pole fell over near Triumph Boulevard on Sunday night. After UDOT crews inspected similar light poles in the area, they discovered several in Lehi along I-15 with stress fractures, requiring an immediate fix.
The closure stretches between Highway 92/Timpanogos Highway and 2100 North.
Drivers can navigate around the closure using frontage roads in Lehi while the repairs are underway. UDOT says the freeway will be closed until roughly 6 p.m. Drivers should plan for delays in the area.
Crews planned to remove the fractured light poles during the repair work.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer