I-15 to be closed in both directions at times in Lehi for emergency repairs
LEHI, Utah — At different times this afternoon, crews will need to close I-15 in both directions in Lehi near Timpanogos Highway, possibly for up to five hours, while they make emergency repairs to light poles.
The Utah Department of Transportation said Monday that a light pole fell over near Triumph Boulevard on Sunday night. After UDOT crews inspected similar light poles in the area, they discovered several in Lehi along I-15 with stress fractures, requiring an immediate fix.
The closure stretches between Highway 92/Timpanogos Highway and 2100 North.
Drivers can navigate around the closure using frontage roads in Lehi while the repairs are underway. UDOT says the freeway will be closed until roughly 6 p.m. Drivers should plan for delays in the area.
Crews planned to remove the fractured light poles during the repair work.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Kaysville woman scams friends and family of tax refunds
- SLC experiences the 3rd largest rent increase in the nation
- Multiple people injured in malfunction at Sandy car wash
- Southern Utah teenager dies in digging accident at state park in Kanab
- Division of Natural Resources offers weekly lawn watering guide
- Summit Academy High School locked down after series of unrelated events
- SLC International Airport to add another international nonstop flight
- More than $430K in drugs found stuffed in car speaker in St. George
- Police say Herriman woman tried to bribe an officer
- UVU commencement speaker tells her story of rising from high school dropout to bank president