Car found in lake, police say it was stolen
DAYBREAK, Utah — Police are investigating a reportedly stolen car found submerged in a lake.
The car was found inside Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak.
South Jordan police spoke to KSL NewsRadio’s Becky Bruce on the scene.
If you’d asked me where I thought I’d wind up today, I wouldn’t have said covering a car being pulled out of Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak. pic.twitter.com/NMXoj0v5D2
— Becky Bruce (@KSLbbruce) December 28, 2021
Police told Bruce the car was reported stolen from the area. Then, the suspect abandoned the car in the lake.
Police say no one was injured.
South Jordan Police tell @KSLbbruce the SUV was reported stolen out of the local area and they suspect it was ditched here. They didn’t find anyone when they arrived. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/1hhwBEIOWI
— Sean Moody (@SeanMoodyPhoto) December 28, 2021
Officials have not yet found the suspect whole first stole, then abandoned the car. However, after several hours and with the help of two tow trucks and a piece of construction equipment, officials were able to recover the car.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life