Car found in lake, police say it was stolen
DAYBREAK, Utah — Police are investigating a reportedly stolen car found submerged in a lake.
The car was found inside Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak.
South Jordan police spoke to KSL NewsRadio’s Becky Bruce on the scene.
If you’d asked me where I thought I’d wind up today, I wouldn’t have said covering a car being pulled out of Oquirrh Lake in Daybreak. pic.twitter.com/NMXoj0v5D2
— Becky Bruce (@KSLbbruce) December 28, 2021
Police told Bruce the car was reported stolen from the area. Then, the suspect abandoned the car in the lake.
Police say no one was injured.
South Jordan Police tell @KSLbbruce the SUV was reported stolen out of the local area and they suspect it was ditched here. They didn’t find anyone when they arrived. @KSL5TV pic.twitter.com/1hhwBEIOWI
— Sean Moody (@SeanMoodyPhoto) December 28, 2021
Officials have not yet found the suspect whole first stole, then abandoned the car. However, after several hours and with the help of two tow trucks and a piece of construction equipment, officials were able to recover the car.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Interim superintendent is named for Salt Lake City School District