Sandy police are investigating suspicious death
SANDY, Utah — Sandy police are investigating a suspicious death that was reported to authorities on Friday morning.
According to Sgt. Clayton Swenson, of the Sandy Police Department, authorities were called to the 200 East block of Pioneer Avenue for a suspicious death at 11:41 a.m.
Police say that a 26-year-old woman was found in a “tight space” outside the house. Police moved the woman to an open space where life-saving measures were performed until other first responders arrived.
Sandy police couldn’t confirm if the victim was found alive, or if she was already deceased. Police always perform life-saving measures until other emergency personnel arrive.
The street was closed as authorities attempted to save the woman’s life.
Authorities did say there was no sign of trauma or other apparent causes of death. However, the cause of death is still under investigation.
Police are also investigating why the woman was discovered outdoors.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured