Breaking: SWAT standoff in Sandy ends peacefully
SANDY, Utah — A SWAT standoff in Sandy ended peacefully Monday afternoon.
According to police, authorities were called out to the residence at 400 East 10105 South just after 2 p.m. At the scene, police discovered an aggravated assault suspect was barricaded in the home. Other occupants in the home including a woman with mobility issues were able to get out of the house.
According to Sandy police, SWAT entered the house just after 4 p.m. and successfully took the suspect into custody, who was wanted on a warrant.
This is a developing story. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Utah senate minority leader Karen Mayne announces she has cancer
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013