Semi-truck rollover in Woods Cross sends one person to the hospital
WOODS CROSS, Utah — A semi-truck rollover on 5th South eastbound in Woods Cross Tuesday morning as it was exiting northbound I-15, sent one person to the hospital.
The semi was hauling dirt and gravel at the time of the incident. According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the driver said he was trying to push the brakes as he exited the freeway just before 10 a.m. However, nothing happened. The semi turned east at a high rate of speed and crashed over the center median.
Both the east and west lanes were covered with dirt and gravel that was spilled from the accident. As a result, both lanes of traffic were closed for about three hours for the mess to be cleaned up. Additionally, an overhead sign was damaged in the incident.
The driver had to be extricated out of the semi and was transported to an area hospital in fair condition. The driver was complaining of back pain.
Three heavy wreckers were used to remove the semi. There were also 100 gallons of gas spilled that had to be cleaned up. However, authorities say that spill was contained so that were no additional issues.
The UHP also says there were no other vehicles involved in the incident. Police from Woods Cross, Bountiful and West Bountiful also responded to the scene to assist with traffic.
- Man killed after being struck by a semi on I-15
- Two killed in semi-truck head-on collision on SR-191
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Biden signs bipartisan gun safety bill into law: ‘God willing, it’s going to…
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade
- With Roe v. Wade now overturned, could same-sex marriage be next?
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Lawyer releases pages from Brian Laundrie’s notebook in which he admits to killing…