UTA swears in new Executive Director
SALT LAKE CITY — The new Executive Director of Utah Transit Authority, Jay Fox, was sworn in on Wednesday.
Jay Fox was sworn in to his new role as Executive Director by UTA’s Board of Trustees. He took the place of Carolyn Gonot who relocated to work with the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority in California.
Fox came to Utah from Philadelphia where he worked for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority for roughly two years.
Before his most recent role, Fox served as the Senior Director for Host Railroads for AMTRAK and worked for the Federal Transit Administration.
“I’m so excited to be here at UTA,” said Fox.
I’m overwhelmed by the welcome I’ve received from our employees and the elected officials and stakeholders I’ve been able to meet so far.
- UPDATE: Salt Lake County Council will hold special meeting on Thursday to vote on mask order
- Canyons School District announces a day of online learning next week
- Lawmaker says requiring grass during Utah drought makes no sense
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Authorities swat down rumors surrounding unsolved killings of 4 University of Idaho students
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail