UTA swears in new Executive Director
SALT LAKE CITY — The new Executive Director of Utah Transit Authority, Jay Fox, was sworn in on Wednesday.
Jay Fox was sworn in to his new role as Executive Director by UTA’s Board of Trustees. He took the place of Carolyn Gonot who relocated to work with the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority in California.
Fox came to Utah from Philadelphia where he worked for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority for roughly two years.
Before his most recent role, Fox served as the Senior Director for Host Railroads for AMTRAK and worked for the Federal Transit Administration.
“I’m so excited to be here at UTA,” said Fox.
I’m overwhelmed by the welcome I’ve received from our employees and the elected officials and stakeholders I’ve been able to meet so far.
- UPDATE: Salt Lake County Council will hold special meeting on Thursday to vote on mask order
- Canyons School District announces a day of online learning next week
- Lawmaker says requiring grass during Utah drought makes no sense
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lake effect snow causes school delays in northern Utah
- Monday morning commute could be affected by additional inches of snow
- Sandy Police officer involved in fatal shooting
- Wrong way driver leads to fatal crash in Weber County
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Body found by passersby on southbound I-15 at 600 North
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up