Snowmobiler dies in Summit County after slide down steep hill
SAMAK, Utah — A snowmobiler was riding along with her husband in the Soapstone area of Summit County, near Samak, Utah, when tragedy struck.
The snowmobiler, 67-year-old Cecilia Ireland from Delaware, appears to have left the trail. According to Summit County Search and Rescue she went down a steep hill and hit a tree.
Even with a helmet, the injuries to her neck, back, and head ended up being fatal injuries.
Ireland’s husband called for help and Utah State Park rangers and Summit County Search and Rescue responded. Ireland was pronounced dead on the scene.
In a release, the Utah Division of State Parks said the accident remains under investigation.
- Sandy police investigating sound of an explosion
- It’s the last day to get a permit for hiking Angels Landing this spring
- Overdue skier found dead after hours of search and rescue efforts
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success