Spirit Airlines comes to Salt Lake City Airport
SALT LAKE CITY — Spirit Airlines just announced they will be coming to the Salt Lake City International Airport as a new carrier.
John Kirby, the Vice President of Network Planning for Spirit Airlines, announced on Tuesday, “Salt Lake City you now have Spirit.”
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) January 25, 2022
Spirit Airlines is a domestic airline. The airline is known for having some of the lowest fares available. Salt Lake City is now the 86th city Spirit Airlines will serve.
Airports across the country are operating under difficult circumstances. Many airports have cancelled flights as a result of low staffing from COVID-19.
As such, the addition of a new domestic carrier could help both Salt Lake City airport and customers. Kirby also announced the airline is actively hiring.
Today’s Top Stories
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- State holds first drawings for high-end alcohol products
- Opinion: Coming back to the office after COVID-19 sent me home
- Only about 2,000 people speak the Cherokee language fluently. The tribe is saving some…
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Paris Hilton in D.C. arguing for federal reform of ‘troubled teen’ centers
- American Trevor Reed released from Russia
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City