Two new COVID-19 testing sites added by Utah health officials
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Health is opening two new community testing sites. One will be at the University of Utah at the Tailgate Parking Lot. The other will be at the Utah Valley University Parking Lot in Orem.
Both locations will offer PCR tests only. Appointments are recommended to secure a spot, but not required.
The Department says each new site should be able to test up to 1,200 people per day.
The additional sites are part of the Increasing Community Access to Testing (ICATT) program which is contracted through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Recently, two other high-volume testing sites were added at the Maverik Center in West Valley City and the BYU Football Stadium in Provo.
Please visit this link before heading to a testing site for the most up-to-date information on operating hours, who may be tested at the site, and if an appointment may be required.
For other testing locations visit the State of Utah’s Coronavirus hub.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Tracking snowplows in SLC
- State intends to appeal vacated death sentence of Utah man
- Native tribes of Utah are given their chance to offer historical perspectives on museum artifacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Utah Naloxone and law enforcement reach milestone in preventing overdose deaths
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Power outage in Murray leaves 4,943 customers without power