Stabbing suspect sought by Salt Lake City police
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man is hospitalized and a stabbing suspect remains on the loose. Salt Lake City police say they are looking for this man:
The suspect is 46-year-old Daniel Etherington. Police say that early Wednesday morning, he attacked a woman at an apartment complex near 1450 South West Temple. During the assault, the woman’s boyfriend arrived on the scene and tried to prevent the attack from continuing.
It is alleged Etherington stabbed the 29-year-old man multiple times and then fled the area in a vehicle. He should be considered armed and dangerous.
The stabbing victim and his girlfriend were reportedly driven to a hospital by a third party. Police say the victim remains in critical but stable condition.
The search for Etherington continues
Early this morning, Salt Lake police were notified that the suspect’s car was spotted near 3000 West and 2900 South. Etherington was seen by law enforcement getting into a vehicle and leaving the scene. When Salt Lake police arrived and took over the incident command, Etherington refused to stop and fled.
Pursuit of the suspect continued, but police said they stopped following him because he was driving recklessly and dangerously.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Etherington is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-19470.
Police said Etherington is wanted in connection to a separate aggravated assault investigation and has unrelated outstanding warrants.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Layton man taken into custody for allegedly recording women in restroom
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?