Stabbing suspect sought by Salt Lake City police
SALT LAKE CITY — A 29-year-old man is hospitalized and a stabbing suspect remains on the loose. Salt Lake City police say they are looking for this man:
The suspect is 46-year-old Daniel Etherington. Police say that early Wednesday morning, he attacked a woman at an apartment complex near 1450 South West Temple. During the assault, the woman’s boyfriend arrived on the scene and tried to prevent the attack from continuing.
It is alleged Etherington stabbed the 29-year-old man multiple times and then fled the area in a vehicle. He should be considered armed and dangerous.
The stabbing victim and his girlfriend were reportedly driven to a hospital by a third party. Police say the victim remains in critical but stable condition.
The search for Etherington continues
Early this morning, Salt Lake police were notified that the suspect’s car was spotted near 3000 West and 2900 South. Etherington was seen by law enforcement getting into a vehicle and leaving the scene. When Salt Lake police arrived and took over the incident command, Etherington refused to stop and fled.
Pursuit of the suspect continued, but police said they stopped following him because he was driving recklessly and dangerously.
Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Etherington is asked to call the Salt Lake City Police Department at 801-799-3000 and reference case number 22-19470.
Police said Etherington is wanted in connection to a separate aggravated assault investigation and has unrelated outstanding warrants.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world