CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
“Band-Aid Bandit” accused of several bank robberies arrested in California
Feb 10, 2022, 6:21 PM
SALT LAKE CITY — A 32-year-old man from West Haven identified by authorities as the “Band-Aid Bandit” was taken into custody Wednesday by police in Los Angeles after being on the run for three weeks, the FBI announced Thursday.
In a press release, the FBI says that Cody Jensen was on pre-trial release on federal bank robbery charges in the District of Utah when he removed his ankle monitor and fled the state last month.
On Jan. 26, the FBI says that Jensen, while on the run, allegedly robbed an American First Credit Union in Henderson, Nevada. He has also been charged with two other bank robberies in Nevada dating back to 2020, according to authorities.
Jensen was originally taken into custody on Aug. 19, 2021. And according to authorities, he was awaiting trial for seven different robberies that occurred in Utah between December 2019 and August 2020.
On Thursday, Jensen appeared in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles and was remanded to federal custody. According to the FBI press release, he waived removal, and will be brought back to Utah to face those charges.
During their investigation, authorities nicknamed Jensen as the “Band-Aid Bandit” because he had been noticed wearing Band-Aids during the alleged robberies.
- Police: Accused Ogden bank robber fled scene on FrontRunner
- Unified Police, FBI arrest suspected serial bank robber
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia