Church officials update local COVID-19 guidelines
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has updated its COVID-19 guidelines.
The First Presidency told members Friday that local presidencies should determine, on a local basis, if masks and other COVID precautions should be used at church-sponsored activities.
The church advised local leaders to consider the guidance of health officials when making these decisions. The church also said masks are still required for temple visitors.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Tax increase in Salt Lake County for the library