Church officials update local COVID-19 guidelines
SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has updated its COVID-19 guidelines.
The First Presidency told members Friday that local presidencies should determine, on a local basis, if masks and other COVID precautions should be used at church-sponsored activities.
The church advised local leaders to consider the guidance of health officials when making these decisions. The church also said masks are still required for temple visitors.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns after mutiny in his party
- Polarization is behind US mass shootings, says psychiatrist
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Two children hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in South Jordan
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade