Fatal crash on I-70 results in one death, others in critical condition
(Emery, UT) – One person is dead early Saturday morning following a fatal crash on I-70 near milepost 92/ Emery. Department of Public Safety spokesman Joe Dougherty says the crash happened around 5:37 a.m. when a pickup truck, with five occupants on board, struck several elk in the area, then left the roadway and rolled, ejecting one of the occupants.
The victim was deceased as first responders arrived on scene, according to a press release sent out Saturday morning. Dougherty says two medical helicopters were dispatched to transport additional occupants in critical condition. Other passengers were transported via ambulance to area hospitals.
I-70 was closed for a time while the investigation ensued. Lanes were opened shortly before 9 a.m.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces