Fatal accident shuts down Redwood Rd at 90th South
(West Jordan, UT) — West Jordan police are reporting a fatal crash on Redwood Rd. near 9000 S. As a result, as of 11:11 a.m. Saturday morning, a stretch of Redwood Rd is closed between 90th South and 94th South.
According to a press release, officers were called to a report of a two-vehicle traffic crash at 9200 South Redwood Road around 10:00 a.m. Saturday.
Investigators say a silver Cadillac passenger car was exiting a private driveway, turning south onto Redwood Road, into the path of a northbound Ford pickup truck. The female driver of the pickup truck was unable to stop and struck the driver door of the Cadillac.
The driver of the Cadillac, a 99-year-old female from West Jordan, suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on scene. The driver and passenger of the Ford pickup truck were uninjured.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the crash and will be on scene for several hours. Redwood Road is closed between 9000 South and 9400 South in both directions.
“Please exercise extra caution when exiting a driveway onto any main road. Vehicles may look to be further away than they actually are,” says Officer Samuel Winkler, West Jordan Police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered