More hazardous driving conditions expected on Tuesday
SALT LAKE CITY — The winter snowstorm that moved through Utah on Monday made for some hazardous driving conditions, especially in central and southern Utah.
And if that wasn’t enough, there’s more to come.
Hazardous driving conditions
The National Weather Service out of Salt Lake City (NWS) says another storm will arrive in Utah Tuesday afternoon. The NWS says a significant winter storm will bring moderate to heavy snow to central and southern Utah through Wednesday.
The NWS says if you are planning travel through the central or southern parts of the state during the storm, to plan ahead and give yourself extra time.
Hazardous driving conditions are expected on all area routes including the following:
- US-89 all the way to the Utah-Arizona border.
- I-15 through Black Canyon Ridge.
- I-70 to Green River
⚠️Significant winter storm to impact much of central and southern Utah including St. George Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday evening.
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) February 21, 2022
Strong winds in northern Utah
While it appears, the snow will miss the northern end of the Wasatch Front, those at the north end of the state will be dealing with the wind.
According to the NWS, wind gusts of 50 mph are expected Tuesday night in Farmington, Weber and Ogden canyons. Winds will increase Tuesday night and will continue into Wednesday morning.
The NWS says property damage from these winds are possible.
- Is your vehicle ready for winter? UDOT has tips to assure the answer is yes
- Winter weather brings hazardous driving conditions overnight
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Utah resolution proposing Friday designation for Halloween celebrations advances