Sherry Black killer will spend the rest of his life in prison
SALT LAKE CITY — The man charged with murdering Sherry Black, and with her rape, will spend the rest of his life in prison.
Sherry Black’s killer charged in 2020
“This was not only a crime against a family, but also our community. Today a measure of justice was found. It is imperfect but the best our system can do,” said DA Sim Gill. “Our prayers are with the Black and Miller families. Justice would be that they never had to suffer the loss of a loved one to begin with.”
2020 arrest was first break in the Sherry Black case in 10 years
Unified Police arrested Durborow in 2020, the first break in a case with no leads for 10 years.
“Unified Police Department and the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office are thinking of the Black and Miller families today. In collaboration with other agencies, our officers worked tirelessly to investigate this case and we are pleased to see a measure of justice be served in court this morning,” said Sheriff Rosie Rivera.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high