Police identify man found dead on Bangerter Hwy at 7800 South
WEST JORDAN, Utah — West Jordan Police have identified a man found dead on Bangerter Highway. The body of Cesar Adan-Martinez, age 37, was found at 8000 South Bangerter early Saturday morning.
Police are still looking for Adan-Martinez’s vehicle, which they say is a blue 2008 Dodge Dakota 4-door truck. The truck, bearing a Utah license plate number E36 6SM, has a gray camper shell with a broken window on the passenger side of the shell.
Our previous reporting follows:
WEST JORDAN, Utah — All lanes of Bangerter Hwy SB at 7800 S. are open late Saturday morning after an investigation of a body found on the roadway in the area of 80th S. Bangerter Hwy.
West Jordan Deputy Chief Richard Bell tells KSL Newsradio that officers got a call around 2:37 a.m. When they got to the scene, they discovered a male Hispanic, believed in his 30’s with stab wounds, apparently having been thrown from a vehicle.
“We received a report of a body in the roadway 80th South Bangerter, southbound. Officers got there, found a male deceased with injuries consistent with being stabbed and thrown from a vehicle,” according to Chief Bell.
Bell says police do know who the victim is, but have not released his name pending notification of next of kin. Investigators are processing evidence and hope to have some leads soon. Chief Bell asks anyone who might have seen something to call West Jordan Police.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Former Unified police chief discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Ogden High School community reacts to active shooter hoax
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Where to get your free sandbags to help mitigate flooding
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world