Gas prices in Utah vary by location, but you’ll pay more in any case
Mar 7, 2022, 7:45 AM | Updated: 12:21 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Finding the lowest gas prices in Utah is all about location, location, location right now as prices vary widely within just a few miles.
But wherever you go to fill the tank, be prepared to pay more.
Triple-A of Utah reported that, as of Sunday, the average price for a gallon of gas in Utah is $3.83. But in some areas of the state, the cost is as high as $4.25.
The lowest prices for gasoline right now are in Weber, Box Elder, Cache, and Rich Counties.
The highest prices are in Summit and Morgan Counties where the average is just under $4.
Gas prices in Utah mirror the nation’s
Those Summit and Morgan county prices mirror what is happening across the country. Market and consumer statistics provider Statista reports that the average price for regular gasoline is over $4 in much of the nation. In some areas, including Los Angeles and San Francisco, the average is closer to $5.
Statista notes that the increase is connected to the market disruption caused by the Russian war in Ukraine.
CNN reported that the cost of gasoline has increased by 11% since Feb. 23. CNN said that’s the largest jump in gas prices in America since Hurricane Katrina hit the U.S. Gulf Coast in 2005.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- El Nino has returned. What does that mean for Utah?
- New distribution center dedicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Council issues statement on UTA Pride bus being pulled from parade
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Service animal removed from grocery store. Does the ADA allow that?
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Romney: Trump brought charges upon himself, is innocent until proven guilty
- Utah man sues Alaska State Troopers, claims conditional job offer revoked over HIV status
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home