Seven DUI arrests made during an impaired driving blitz in Utah County
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — Several police agencies from Utah County participated in an impaired driving blitz Tuesday that resulted in seven DUI arrests, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
For a Tuesday, the numbers were surprising.
In all, authorities made 21 traffic stops, with seven arrests for DUI. Police also made three methamphetamine arrests and two heroin arrests.
Additionally, authorities also made seven drug paraphernalia arrests and five alcohol arrests. There were five cars impounded and one fugitive arrest made. There were eight K-9 sniffs as well.
“This was on a Tuesday,” the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said in a Facebook posting of the impaired driving blitz. “Numbers are typically higher on a weekend. So, folks, this is what is driving on our roads around you at any given time. Don’t drive impaired. And call when you think you see someone who is.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot