NYT: Susan Collins will vote to confirm Ketanji Brown Jackson, becoming first GOP senator to back Biden’s Supreme Court pick
Mar 30, 2022, 6:41 AM
(Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Originally Published: 30 MAR 22 08:22 ET
Updated: 30 MAR 22 08:26 ET
(CNN) — Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine will vote to confirm President Joe Biden’s Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson, she told The New York Times in an interview published on Wednesday, the first GOP senator to do so.
“I have decided to support the confirmation of Judge Jackson to be a member of the Supreme Court,” Collins told the Times after meeting with Jackson earlier this week.
CNN has reached out to Collins’ office for comment.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Xylazine is in Utah, and is a significant threat says the DEA
- Tabernacle Choir joined by international singers this Conference weekend
- Lawyers of man who lost lawsuit against Gwyneth Paltrow may try for new trial
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Emergency prep: Preparing for the unexpected and learning to prep
- Swiping left on danger: Combating dating app violence in Utah
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints