America added 431,000 jobs in March, bringing the unemployment rate to a new pandemic low
Apr 1, 2022, 6:40 AM
(AP Photo/Brittainy Newman)
Originally Published: 01 APR 22 06:52 ET
Updated: 01 APR 22 08:32 ET
(CNN) — The US economy added 431,000 jobs in March, bringing the unemployment rate to a new pandemic-era low of 3.6%, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.
The job gains were lower than economists had expected, but still rounded up a strong first quarter for the US labor market.
This is a developing story. It will be updated
™ & © 2022 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Five-planet alignment may be visible in Tuesday night’s sky
- Body of snowmobiler found following avalanche in Pole Canyon
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Utah psychiatrist peers into dark mind of school shooter
- Body found by passersby on southbound I-15 at 600 North
- Salt Lake County Animal Services looking for a home for Amy Swinehouse
- Van bridge in place after S-Line loses power
- Gunfire with SWAT and seizure of narcotics leads to trafficker imprisonment