UPDATED: 2 dead after shooting at Draper party
Update: 11:30 a.m.
The second victim of the Draper party shooting has died. The two victims have been identified as Austin Terry Powell, 27, and Jonathan July Fuentes, 21.
Anyone with information about the shooting or who was at the party is encouraged to call police at 801-840-4000.
Our previous coverage
DRAPER, Utah — One person died and another suffered injuries in an overnight shooting in Draper after a party at an Airbnb.
It happened just south of 11400 South, on a cul-de-sac near 200 East.
Draper police continue to search for the gunman responsible for the shooting, described as a man with facial tattoos, including “801” over one eyebrow.
Airbnb home plays host to post-party Draper shooting
Neighbors tell KSL TV the home had only been listed on Airbnb for a few weeks, and the homeowner has already removed it from the short-term rental website.
According to police, the party was ending early this morning when two people became involved in some kind of dispute. One of them opened fire, ultimately striking two people.
“The suspect attempted to carjack some other partygoers that were leaving,” said Draper Police Lt. Dustin Willie. “They were able to get away without being harmed and kept their car.”
Willie said witnesses saw the shooter leave in another car, but he could not say whether it belonged to him or someone else.
Multiple agencies responded to assist with the search, including a Department of Public Safety helicopter.
Police collected cell phone video from partygoers as well as doorbell camera footage from neighbors to piece together the sequence of events.
“There were at least ten gunshots that I heard, based on the video that we watched,” Willie said.
Willie did not think any danger remains to the public. He asks anyone who witnessed what happened to contact Draper police.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Lori Vallow trial is put on hold due to competency issues
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Explosion inside motorhome being investigated