West Jordan garbage day changing for some
WEST JORDAN, Utah — West Jordan announced that some residents will have their garbage pick-up day change. The change goes into effect on May 2.
The city said the change is happening because of the rapid growth in the area. The growth caused an uneven distribution of pick-up days, according to the city.
The change will even out the number of dumpsters picked up each weekday.
The city provided a map of the area’s updated garbage pick-up days:
West Jordan also has an interactive map that residents can use to input their address and find out their garbage day.
The city will also send postcards and emails to residents affected by the change. Emails will only go out to residents who have one connected to their utility account.
The city advised people living in an HOA to ask their board if their pick-up day will change, noting that some HOA’s use a private provider.
The city’s full statement on the change can be found on its website. The page includes a form for residents to fill out if their garbage has not been picked up, based on the new map, by the week of May 2.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead