14-year-old suspect in Amber Alert found with sister in SLC Park
SALT LAKE CITY — Police said that the subject of an Amber Alert, as well as the suspect, were located Sunday at Liberty Park in Salt Lake City within an hour of the alert being issued by Riverton Police.
Riverton Police Chief Don Hutson said that the suspect is the 14-year-old sister of the subject, and the car mentioned in the AMBER Alert had been stolen from the suspect’s grandparents.
Police said that the suspect took her guardians’ car and left her residence in Riverton along with her 7-year-old sister. It was believed that the sisters may have been headed to Idaho, where police said the suspect’s biological father lives.
This story has been updated to not identify the victim or suspect as they are both minors.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk stopping traffic on Foothill Drive near I-80
- Lockdown lifted at Taylorsville High, no injuries after shots fired
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- UHP: Semi rollover in Juab County has claimed at least one life
- Cottonwood Connect offers a new way to get up Cottonwood Canyons
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays