Salt Lake City Marathon will cause road closures and delays
SALT LAKE CITY — With the upcoming Salt Lake City Marathon, community members should expect lengthy road closures.
According to the Salt Lake City Police Department, beginning early Saturday, April 23, anyone living, working, or visiting SLC should expect delays. The department will continue to work with event planners to lessen the impact on the community.
On the day of the marathon, there will be eight events which include the marathon, half-marathon, bike tour, and several short distances running events. Police officers plan to be present during the events to keep participants and spectators safe.
Some areas of the marathon require complete road closure to keep everyone safe. Therefore, certain street closures may be in place for up to several hours.
SLCPD encouraged everyone to follow all posted signs and directions along the racecourse. All course maps are available on the Salt Lake City Marathon website.
It is encouraged that people review the course maps to plan for avoiding certain areas or delaying travel. Expect an increase in vehicles, pedestrians, and bicycle traffic.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips