Salt Lake City Marathon will cause road closures and delays
SALT LAKE CITY — With the upcoming Salt Lake City Marathon, community members should expect lengthy road closures.
According to the Salt Lake City Police Department, beginning early Saturday, April 23, anyone living, working, or visiting SLC should expect delays. The department will continue to work with event planners to lessen the impact on the community.
On the day of the marathon, there will be eight events which include the marathon, half-marathon, bike tour, and several short distances running events. Police officers plan to be present during the events to keep participants and spectators safe.
Some areas of the marathon require complete road closure to keep everyone safe. Therefore, certain street closures may be in place for up to several hours.
SLCPD encouraged everyone to follow all posted signs and directions along the racecourse. All course maps are available on the Salt Lake City Marathon website.
It is encouraged that people review the course maps to plan for avoiding certain areas or delaying travel. Expect an increase in vehicles, pedestrians, and bicycle traffic.
Today’s Top Stories
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Justice Department brings new suits over sanctuary policies
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears