CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Body discovered at Fire Lake Park in southern Utah
IVINS, Utah — A body was discovered Wednesday at Fire Lake Park near Ivins reservoir, law enforcement officials say.
Sgt. Reed Briggs, of the Santa Clara/Ivins Police Department confirmed to St. George News that a body had been discovered at the park. However, because the body was found on county land, the Washington County Sheriff’s Office will be handling the investigation, according to Briggs.
The Washington County Sheriff’s office confirmed to KSL Wednesday evening that a body of a female had been discovered with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Earlier Wednesday, St. George Police started investigation into the death of another individual. This investigation is of a female who was found deceased at a residence.
- Utah man facing federal charges after alleged death threats at VA health centers
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County