Utah wants your help redesigning the state flag by April 30
MILLCREEK, Utah — Utah residents have until April 30 to submit their ideas for a redesign of the Utah state flag.
According to a press release from the Utah Department of Cultural and Community Engagement, Gov. Spencer J. Cox launched the “More than a Flag” effort in January. The effort is part of a statewide conversation about Utah’s shared identity.
“More than a Flag” is asking for the public to submit their ideas or offer their feedback about the symbols, colors and/or themes that should be incorporated into a new state flag. The Utah State Flag Task Force has received more than 3,500 submissions from state residents.
To make sure they are extending the conversation to the entire state, the task force wants submissions from residents of Box Elder, Cache, Carbon, Davis, Duchesne, Garfield, Iron, Juab, Piute, Morgan, Sanpete, San Juan, Sevier, Summit, Tooele, Wayne, Wasatch, Weber, Uintah, Utah and Washington counties.
How you can contribute to the state flag redesign
Utah state residents can submit their drawings, digital designs or take a survey on the redesign here.
They may also download a submission form and mail it to:
More Than A Flag
3760 S. Highland Drive
Millcreek, UT 84106
Members of a Design Review Subcommittee will choose the final designs. In August, the public will be invited to comment on the finalist. The final flag designs will be available to view at Flag.Utah.gov.
- Utah state flag generator allows anyone to create and submit design
- Is it time for Utah to upgrade the state flag?
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- In narrow vote, Salt Lake County Council votes no on proposed gondola
- Biden to tour Ian damage in Florida with DeSantis feud on hold for now
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon