Body found at Bear Lake has been identified as missing woman from Layton
Apr 15, 2022, 7:24 AM | Updated: Apr 18, 2022, 10:48 am
The Utah Medical Examiner has identified the body of a woman found earlier this month at Bear Lake.
Twenty-two-year-old Sophia Lower was from Layton and was reported missing on March 29, 2022. After an autopsy identified the victim, Lower’s family was informed that she had been found.
Cache Valley Daily reports that four teenage boys were dirt biking near the lake when they found Lower’s body.
The cause of death has not yet been reported.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world