Body found at Bear Lake has been identified as missing woman from Layton
The Utah Medical Examiner has identified the body of a woman found earlier this month at Bear Lake.
Twenty-two-year-old Sophia Lower was from Layton and was reported missing on March 29, 2022. After an autopsy identified the victim, Lower’s family was informed that she had been found.
Cache Valley Daily reports that four teenage boys were dirt biking near the lake when they found Lower’s body.
The cause of death has not yet been reported.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Crashes and bad weather cause traffic across Utah
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy