Teen girl shot in the leg in West Jordan drive-by shooting
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 17-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a drive-by shooting Thursday morning. And three teenage boys, ages 14, 16, and 17, are in police custody.
Police said the shooting happened early, around 1 a.m. near 8200 South and 1640 West. According to KSL TV, the teenage girl was inside a home when she was shot.
According to police, they stopped a vehicle believed to be connected to the shooting, but the driver took off at a high rate of speed.
West Jordan Police then spiked the vehicle’s tires and took the teenage boys, into custody.
According to KSL TV, Sgt. Sam Winkler said the home where the girl was shot is a known gang house, and that there have been two other shootings at the same location.
The boys are currently being questioned. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial