Teen girl shot in the leg in West Jordan drive-by shooting
WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 17-year-old girl was shot in the leg during a drive-by shooting Thursday morning. And three teenage boys, ages 14, 16, and 17, are in police custody.
Police said the shooting happened early, around 1 a.m. near 8200 South and 1640 West. According to KSL TV, the teenage girl was inside a home when she was shot.
According to police, they stopped a vehicle believed to be connected to the shooting, but the driver took off at a high rate of speed.
West Jordan Police then spiked the vehicle’s tires and took the teenage boys, into custody.
According to KSL TV, Sgt. Sam Winkler said the home where the girl was shot is a known gang house, and that there have been two other shootings at the same location.
The boys are currently being questioned. The girl is being treated at a hospital.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck