One person injured after semi rolls, spills sheet metal on westbound I-80 at mouth of Parley’s
SALT LAKE CITY — Westbound traffic on I-80 was diverted onto the I-215 East Belt on Thursday morning after a semi-truck carrying sheet metal rolled.
Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Cameron Roden says a passenger in the semi was sent to a hospital with minor injuries, and that the driver was uninjured.
.@UTHighwayPatrol says they will stop all WB traffic as more emergency vehicles arrive on scene of this rollover crash. Use I-215 East Belt or Foothill Drive as your alternate coming out of Parleys Canyon: https://t.co/4jfQ4v4Ysm
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) April 21, 2022
All traffic is being diverted from WB I-80 onto the SB I-215 East Belt. Traffic is at a standstill from the Quarry to the mouth of Parley’s Canyon.
Westbound I-80 traffic is being detoured at the mouth of Parley’s Canyon. Traffic is diverted to the I-215 east ramp but can get back to I-80 by following the short detour. A semi has rolled blocking the lanes. Estimated time of the closure is about 2 hours. pic.twitter.com/owKGI2t9kh
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) April 21, 2022
The UHP reports that drivers can get back to I-80 by taking a small detour onto Rocky Road.
WB I-80 at MP 127 (2500 E, SLC) Salt Lake Co.
Right Lane Closed
Est. Clearance Time: 10:00 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) April 21, 2022
Drivers should expect extra traffic congestion on the exit ramp from SB I-215 to 3300 South in Millcreek.
Rollover crash WB I-80 just after Foothill Drive exit. Traffic is backing up into Parleys Canyon. pic.twitter.com/byZX2uw7hx
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) April 21, 2022
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- New poll suggests marriage is dying
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- In narrow vote, Salt Lake County Council votes no on proposed gondola
- Biden to tour Ian damage in Florida with DeSantis feud on hold for now