Utah’s newest medical resource is a long-range medical jet
SALT LAKE CITY — On Wednesday Intermountain Healthcare introduced its newest medical resource, a long-range Life Flight medical jet. Patients who require highly-specialized care are the target users of this long-range jet. Also, the new medical jet is able to retrieve donor organs from throughout the United States, improving organ transplantation in Utah.
Last month, six-year-old Ezra Partridge from Draper was in need of a highly-specialized procedure in Houston, Texas. Thanks to the new medical jet, the boy lived.
“We’re so grateful to Intermountain Healthcare, Life Flight, and the incredible team at Primary Children’s Hospital for all that they did for Ezra and our family,” said Brooke Partridge, Ezra’s mother.
According to Intermountain, the new Life Flight medical jet can carry eight passengers. Furthermore, the jet has a crew rest area for pilots and medical team members.
The new Intermountain Life Flight medical jet is a Bombardier Challenger 604. It can fly anywhere in the world and has a range of 4600 miles. Also, the jet has a large cabin that allows for complex and very ill patients who require advanced care, said Kent Johnson, director of aviation operations for Intermountain Life Flight.
“This aircraft is very reliable and unique, and we’re excited to add it to the Life Flight fleet,” said Johnson.
- Intermountain Healthcare landscaping gets a new look
- Intermountain Healthcare drone delivery might be here by July
- Intermountain Healthcare to donate $540,000 to domestic violence resources
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- Utah congressman discusses his bill to ban US teens under 16 from using social media
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Bystander finds dead body in Salt Lake foothills above Beck Street
- Spanish Fork teacher is year’s first Jazz “Most Valuable Educator”