You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
May 9, 2022, 5:02 PM | Updated: Sep 8, 2022, 4:22 pm
This article about how to spend a day at Bear Lake is sponsored by the Bear Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Bear Lake is a beautiful place to visit and it’s only about an hour and a half from Salt Lake City. The lake is surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountains in the state and there are plenty of activities to keep you busy. You can swim, fish, hike, and ride horses on the property.
Butch Cassidy Museum
The Paris Tabernacle is a small, unassuming building in the town of Bear Lake, Utah. Cassidy was born in the town in 1867 and spent his childhood there. The museum is filled with artifacts from Cassidy’s life, from his boyhood to his days as a bank robber and outlaw. It’s an interesting and informative museum, and well worth a visit if you’re in the area. You can read more about Butch Cassidy and Bear Lake at bearlake.org/butch-cassidy.
Paris Idaho Tabernacle
The Paris Tabernacle is a historic building located in Paris, Idaho. It was built in 1876 by the Mormon pioneers and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Tabernacle is open to the public and offers free guided tours.
Bear Lake’s North Beach
If you’re looking to round out your trip to Bear Lake, North Beach is the place to go. With crystal-clear water and plenty of sandy beaches to enjoy, it’s the perfect spot to spend a summer day. There’s also a playground and some picnic tables if you want to pack a lunch.
- Bear Lake Idaho: surprising facts you never knew
- 5 Bear Lake trails to hike with the whole family this year
- Here’s what you need to know about Bear Lake rentals this spring and summer
This is a sponsored article brought to you by KSL News Radio in conjunction with the advertiser. The advertiser paid a fee to promote this article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of KSL News Radio, its parent company, or its staff.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Suspect killed, Ogden police officer stable after officer-involved shooting
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything
- After recent tragic events, emergency personnel urge public to use caution
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified