Body found at construction site in Salt Lake City, investigation ongoing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Salt Lake City say they are dealing with a suspicious death after a construction worker found a dead body on Monday morning.
The body was found near 238 West and 1300 South, a scene that has been secured as police detectives and lab technicians conduct a death investigation.
Our detectives and crime lab technicians are conducting a death investigation near 238 West 1300 South. The scene is secure. There is no danger to the public. Media can stage in the Lowe’s parking lot. A PIO is on scene. #saltlakecity #slc #utah #ut #slcpd pic.twitter.com/QyF5WZ11U9
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) May 2, 2022
KSL TV confirmed that the area where the body was found is a construction site. The construction workers who were on site were told to leave.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides
- A third person has died after a multi-car crash in Box Elder