Body found at construction site in Salt Lake City, investigation ongoing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Salt Lake City say they are dealing with a suspicious death after a construction worker found a dead body on Monday morning.
The body was found near 238 West and 1300 South, a scene that has been secured as police detectives and lab technicians conduct a death investigation.
Our detectives and crime lab technicians are conducting a death investigation near 238 West 1300 South. The scene is secure. There is no danger to the public. Media can stage in the Lowe’s parking lot. A PIO is on scene. #saltlakecity #slc #utah #ut #slcpd pic.twitter.com/QyF5WZ11U9
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) May 2, 2022
KSL TV confirmed that the area where the body was found is a construction site. The construction workers who were on site were told to leave.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- ‘Goblin mode’ chosen as Oxford word of the year for 2022
- Deadline for REAL ID-compliant license, ID card, extended to 2025
- How much will it take to save the Great Salt Lake?
- Checking in on the status of full-day kindergarten in Utah
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Defense bill likely to include end to military Covid vaccine mandate, source says
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint