Body found at construction site in Salt Lake City, investigation ongoing
SALT LAKE CITY — Police in Salt Lake City say they are dealing with a suspicious death after a construction worker found a dead body on Monday morning.
The body was found near 238 West and 1300 South, a scene that has been secured as police detectives and lab technicians conduct a death investigation.
Our detectives and crime lab technicians are conducting a death investigation near 238 West 1300 South. The scene is secure. There is no danger to the public. Media can stage in the Lowe’s parking lot. A PIO is on scene. #saltlakecity #slc #utah #ut #slcpd pic.twitter.com/QyF5WZ11U9
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) May 2, 2022
KSL TV confirmed that the area where the body was found is a construction site. The construction workers who were on site were told to leave.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Iron County Care and Share
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Salt Lake shelters prepare for homeless influx amid COVID protocols
- January 6 committee unexpectedly adds new hearing for Tuesday
- Cottonwood Heights officer’s use of force not justified, no charges filed